USE YOUR DEGREE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!
Pearson is looking for college graduates local to the Austin, Texas area to score standardized assessments on a temporary basis. Hourly pay plus incentives for qualifying projects. Successful employees may be asked to work on additional projects throughout the year. Currently we are seeking qualified scorers to begin several Spring Project starting late March and April 2018.
Standard Day Shift Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
Standard Second Shift Hours: 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, with the possibility of weekend scoring.
Subject Content areas currently available:
- English Language Arts and Reading for all grade levels
- Math Grade Levels Elementary and High School
- Social Studies Grade 4
- Bilingual Math Grades 3-5, Must be Fluent in reading and writing in Spanish
Scorer Qualifications –
- Hold a bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited U.S. college or university (or equivalency)
- Possess basic keyboarding skills
- Unique email address, as offers are sent by email
- Be a U.S. citizen, resident alien, or authorized to work in the U.S. Will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Scorer Responsibilities -
- Evaluates student responses to subject-related open-ended questions according to a customer supplied scoring guide
- Works independently under direction of Scoring Supervisor
- Must be able to put aside personal biases and apply scoring guide according to customer requirements.
- Meets rate and reliability requirements established for project
- Ability to maintain a confidential work environment required
Scorer Benefits -
- Paid training
- Compensation may vary based on the project, and may include incentive pay
- Pay increases are awarded at various thresholds
- Referral bonus program
We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning.
Pearson is the world's leading learning company, with 40,000 employees in more than 80 countries helping people of all ages to make measurable progress in their lives. We provide a range of education products and services to institutions, governments and direct to individual learners that help people everywhere aim higher and fulfill their true potential.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.