Lays and joins pipe for sewers, water mains, and storm drains, including rigging pipe for hoisting, setting pipe to grade and affixing the pipe joint. Prepares and grades the trenches either manually or by communicating with the equipment operator. Must have experience with reinforced concrete pipe (RCP), experience with ductile iron pipe (DIP) preferred.
- Weekly Pay
- Health, Vision, and Dental Plans
- Direct Deposit Available
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Plan (FSA – Medical Expense and Dependent Care)
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- Supplemental Benefits
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Align pipes in pipeline sections according to specifications.
- Dig trenches with trenching tools.
- Set pipes into trenches.
- Signals operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of pipes.
- Ensure pipes are fitted and aligned using grade rods or transit levels.
- Covers pipe with dirt or other material.
- Assists others with hands-on work.
- Works in a safe and responsible manner at all times.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to follow directions;
- Handle basic hand tools, such as shovel, pick, broom, hammer, saw, paint brushes, etc.
- Light or heavy handling;
- Job site housekeeping;
- Erect construction signs, cones, etc.
Experience: Minimum six months related experience and/or training.
Corman Construction is dedicated to “Best in Class” performance. We constantly test ourselves against industry best practices in high standards for employee development. When our team members are at their best Corman is at its best. We are committed to improving the craft, engineering and management skills of our employees with a training program designed for this purpose.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans encouraged to apply.