Analyzes plans, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare full project estimates for heavy highway and civil construction projects. Clients primarily include state DOT, county DPW, city and local construction depts., public utility providers and federal, non-defense related, infrastructure construction.
The type of work involved includes primarily public infrastructure in the mid-Atlantic and Southeast:
- Bridge and underground concrete structures (excluding building construction).
- Foundation (pile, caisson, etc.)
- Earth moving operations
- Utility construction for both DOT and public utility
- Marine based construction
Work is both traditional design-bid-build and design build. Duties will likely consist heavily of work on design-build projects, including assisting in the selection of projects to pursue, creation of technical proposals and generation of compliant cost estimate.
Qualifications: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and/or minimum 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret owner project technical specifications, general standard specifications, construction plans and governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Knowledge of MS Office, HCSS or other electronic estimating software system. Extensive use of email, text and other electronic forms of communication is to be expected. Scheduling (P6) experience not required but preferred.
- Competitive Wages
- Health, Vision, and Dental Plans
- Direct Deposit Available
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Plan (FSA – Medical Expense and Dependent Care)
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- Supplemental Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer
Veterans, Disabled, and Women encouraged to apply