Design - Build Manager
Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of large, complex and/or multiple design build projects to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Assists with developing opportunities for the Companies through networking in industry functions, professional organizations, and client meetings. Develops strong relationships with owners, engineers, and potential teammates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in decision-making process regarding potential pursuits
- Lead/prepare SOQ, RFP’s – DB and Non-DB
- Represent Corman on JV or teaming pursuits
- Coordinate with, manage & negotiate fee and scope with engineering partners
- Find innovative solutions
- Perform QA of engineer designs
- Assist or serve as Design Build Project Manager (DBPM) on specific projects;
- Provide leadership for successful startup, coordination, execution and on time completion of design-build projects;
- Attend and participate in bid scope reviews and pricing reviews;
- Participate at project level: Understanding and managing job cost; Safety; Construction schedule; Owner relations; QA/QC; Subcontract/purchasing; Personnel decisions; Support Construction Manager with field operations; Manage design progress of the project; Ensure schedule and budget compliance of design team is met; Maintain schedule performance of both designers and contractors; Coordinate Design Team effort with construction; Schedule and lead Design reviews; Insure QC / QA & Constructability Reviews performed on Design; May work/manage non-DB projects as needed.
Qualifications: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related degree or more than 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Not required but beneficial; design build and/or construction management certifications, professional licensing and other certificates related to construction, engineering, quality, and safety.
Competitive wages and benefits such as 401k w/ company match, Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, etc.