Bus Mechanic (A-Repairman)
Are you seeking a job where your work is rewarding and provides excellent benefits?
The Maryland Transit Administration (MTA) invites you to apply today to be considered for a position that provides customer service to the citizens of Maryland every day. The MTA is one of the largest transit systems in the United States and is seeking dynamic and energetic individuals to join the MTA team.
The resulting list of qualified candidates will be used to staff current and future vacancies in the Body Shop, Brake Shop, or Main Shop. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
The Maryland Transit Administration seeks A-Repairman-Bus for their Bus Maintenance department. This is highly skilled and technical vehicle maintenance work involving troubleshooting, disassembling, repairing, assembling and/or installation of automotive/diesel engines, transmissions, (large and small), electrical/pneumatic/hydraulic components, chassis, and vehicle body repairs for the MTA. The A-Repairman Bus is expected to carry-out assignments through completion independently.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalency (GED) certificate recognized by the State of Maryland.
- Two (2) years of full-time experience repairing, maintaining, or inspecting buses/trucks/heavy equipment/vehicles and or construction equipment; tractor trailers or passenger buses and their components and systems, or similar work on equipment in a related field.
- Applicant should be familiar with fleet garage type of environment and must have own hand tools necessary to perform the functions of this position.
- Must have a Class "A" Restricted CDL License or Permit at time of application.
- Diesel experience and/or ASE Certifications are highly desirable.
MTA Does Not Discriminate Based On: Age, Ancestry, Color, Creed, Gender Identity or Expression, Genetic Information, Marital Status, Mental or Physical Disability, National Origin, Race, Religious Affiliation, Belief or Opinion, Sex, or Sexual Orientation.