Bus Maintenance Supervisor
- Maryland Transit Administration
- Baltimore, MD
- $44,017.00 - $70,265.00 Annually
- Maintenance and Repair, Management
- Contract Type
- Full time
Are you seeking a job where your work is rewarding and provides excellent benefits?
The Maryland Transit Administration (MTA) invites you to apply today to be considered for a position that provides customer service to the citizens of Maryland every day. The MTA is one of the largest transit systems in the United States and is seeking dynamic and energetic individuals to join the MTA team.
The Supervisor, Bus Maintenance is required to supervise vehicle repair, maintenance, and inspection. The employee is responsible for planning, coordinating, and personnel forecasting for the servicing of MTA buses and other vehicles. The work in this classification also involves tracking and executing provisions of the labor contract, MTA Rules, Regulations and Policies. Employees in this class directly supervise "A", "B", and "C" Repairmen and Cleaners.
The resulting list of eligible candidates will be used to staff current and future vacancies. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
- High School Diploma or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
- Four (4) years of experience in repair, maintenance and inspection of heavy duty automotive vehicles and equipment.
- Three (3) of the four (4) years must have been in the following: gasoline and diesel-powered vehicle maintenance; automotive mechanical and electrical systems maintenance; and interpreting automotive diagrams and schematics.
- One (1) year of supervisory experience in a maintenance or related environment.
- Applicants must submit a CURRENT copy of their Complete Driving Record (NOT more than 30 days old), (NOT the 36 months driving record) available from MVA with their application to be considered for this position.
MTA Does Not Discriminate Based On: Age, Ancestry, Color, Creed Gender Identity or Expression, Genetic Information, Marital Status, Mental or Physical Disability, National Origin, Race, Religious Affiliation, Belief or Opinion, Sex or Sexual Orientation.