Information Systems Manager
Army Residence Community is currently accepting applications for an:
Information Systems Manager: Position reports to Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
To develop, administer, secure and manage information systems and technology necessary for efficient operation of the Army Residence Community’s (ARC) current operations and to achieve long-range business goals. The Information Systems Manager supports the Network Technician in administering and troubleshooting LAN/WAN issues. Also supports the Telecommunications Technician(s) in administering and troubleshooting Private Branch Exchange (PBX) and Telephony functions. Advises Executive management on current and future information systems and technology requirements.
Contributes to general business planning regarding technology and systems required to maintain and promote growth of operations and competitiveness. Establishes long-term needs for Information Systems, and plans strategy for developing systems and acquiring hardware to meet application needs. Ensures confidentiality, reliability, and security of data, proprietary information, and intellectual property. Keeps abreast of government regulations applicable to systems operations and ensures corporate compliance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Prefer Associate’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Network Administration, Information Systems/Technology or related discipline.
- At least 8 years of increasingly responsible administration of information systems and technology.
- Excellent ability to conceptualize long-term business goals and develop orderly process of planning the information technology needed to accomplish those goals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, train, and develop staff.
- Certifications a plus.
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN Infrastructures; aspects of Main Distribution Facility (MDF), Independent Distribution Facility (IDF), cabling infrastructure.
- Familiar with Windows Server and PC Operating Systems, TCP/IP, DHCP, NAT, networking principles and practices
- Ability to diagnose problems and work independently.
- Must have great decision making skills due to actions having a noticeable effect department or companywide.
- Must be a self-starter and have the skills to follow through on assignments and produce positive results.
- Must have great interpersonal and communications skills for interaction with nontechnical and elderly populace.
- Must have the ability to work as a team player in a collaborative environment.
- Must be available for on-call weekend or after-hour emergency response.
The Army Residence Community is not a Government or Civil Service Facility.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flex Spending Account (FSA),
- Supplemental Insurance (accidental, cancer, short term, disability, hospital protection, critical care and recovery)
- Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Leave, Holidays
- Complimentary Lunch
- Fitness Facility.
Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check.