SALARY: Hiring Range: $48,709 - $64,261. Salary depends on qualifications and experience.
The Orange County Tax Administration Department has an opening for a Revaluation Coordinator. Under the general supervision of the Chief Appraiser, an employee of this class is primarily responsible for overseeing the process of revaluing all real property within the county to its current market value as of an established date. An incumbent in this class will be responsible for obtaining, developing, analyzing, and maintaining records necessary for the appraisal associated with real property within the jurisdiction of the County according to the State of North Carolina General Statutes. Work involves overseeing and managing the County revaluation process. This position also serves as a commercial real property appraiser. Leadership and oversight is provided to staff. Does related work as required.
- Thorough knowledge of North Carolina General Statutes, rules, and regulations applicable to the appraisal of real property for property tax assessments, in order to fairly and equitably value all real property in the County
- Bachelor's Degree and three (3) years of experience in tax assessment/appraisal, and having completed a revaluation for a County
- Certification by the North Carolina Department of Revenue as prescribed in the Machinery Act of North Carolina as a North Carolina County Real Property Appraiser
- Background Check required.
- Valid North Carolina Driver License
Orange County provides a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Participation in the North Carolina State Retirement System;
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Optional Life and Disability Coverage
- 401 (k) and 457 Deferred Compensation Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Various other leave programs including civil, funeral, parental, etc.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabilities