The Beaufort County School District is a thriving and diverse community of islands on the South Carolina coast. The Beaufort County School District has approximately 21,000 students attending 33 schools. Student population is growing on an annual basis. District has both national and state award winning schools.
We are seeking applications for the opening of School Attorney.
The Beaufort County School District (“BCSD”) is hiring a School Attorney to provide direct, full-time professional legal counsel and representation for the Superintendent and BCSD staff on school district matters. This position reports to the Superintendent. Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the Superintendent.
- Juris Doctorate in law.
- South Carolina bar license.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in Parliamentary Procedure.
- At least ten years or more of legal experience.
- Preferred eight years of experience in employment law, education law, or similar work within a public sector or governmental agency, or private firm setting.
- Preferred at least 1 year of experience representing a school district with an enrollment of 10,000 or more.
Beaufort County School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer