AUSTIN LAKES HOSPITAL is seeking a dynamic and talented Registered Nurse - PRN Status - Various Shifts. Located in the heart of vibrant Austin, Texas, 58-bed Austin Lakes Hospital offers a continuum of psychiatric services for adults 18 and up with acute mental health needs in a confidential, caring environment that promotes crisis resolution, positive self-awareness, personal growth and problem solving skills. The cornerstone of our treatment rests on exceptional mental health services and clinical excellence. Our continuum of care includes inpatient and outpatient psychiatric services to stabilize symptoms of depression, anxiety and other behavioral health disorders.
This opportunity provides the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide assessment of patients’ psychiatric and medical status.
- Administer medication and medical treatment as prescribed by physician.
- Participate in treatment planning as a member of interdisciplinary team.
- Assess, direct and intervene in crisis situations.
- Initiate and document special treatment procedures.
- Provide and direct milieu management.
- Document nursing care, treatment and patient’s response to treatment.
- Provide health education to patients.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient’s medical records.
- Attend mandatory training and in-services.
- Participate in the implementation of Nursing Department policies and procedures.
- Provide exceptional Service Excellence!
Best candidates for this position will have behavioral health experience, a strong work-ethic, and highly consistent timeliness and attendance!
- Required: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Preferred: BSN and ANA Certification.
- Licensed RN to practice in Texas
- Current CPR
- Required: Nursing experience providing direct patient care.
- Preferred: One year inpatient behavioral health work experience and one year medical/surgical nursing experience.
Skills, Knowledge And Abilities:
Ability to consistently fulfill position responsibilities and complete assignments. Skill in performing vital sign checks. Knowledge of patient rights. Skill in developing therapeutic relationships with patients. Skill in developing professional, effective relationships with coworkers. Ability to write legibly. Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, patients, and visitors. Emotional stability necessary to perform essential functions.
Full range of body motion. Ability to safely transfer patients. Manual and finger dexterity. Hand-eye coordination. Ability to move quickly. Ability to safely restrain patients. Ability to lift, carry, and/or lower items weighing up to 50 pounds. Ability to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Ability to stand and walk 8+ hours per day, frequent bending, stooping and reaching. Hearing and vision sufficient to perform essential functions. Emotional stability necessary to perform essential functions.
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc.