Distribution Center Area Supervisor
Supervises activities of regular associates and temporary workers. Assesses production schedules and man-hour requirements for completion of job assignments. Interprets company policies and procedures to ensure compliance and adherence. Enforces safety regulations. Evaluates and assesses production methods, performances and efficiency for improvements and/or changes. Prepares associate performance evaluations and assists in the administration of reviews. Determines time and production standards and maintains records.
Must have a “can-do”, “make-it-happen” attitude. This is demonstrated by displaying the ability to use perseverance and initiative in order to ensure top performance, quality and service to our stores. Responsible for developing and maintaining an open, engaging labor relation’s environment which remains issue free.
- Manages hourly team to ensure timely and accurate processing and distribution of merchandise to stores by effectively using the MAP (Managing Associate Performance) process, trains, assesses, motivates, coaches, and evaluates associates in all areas of job duties using established methods and standards.
- Ensures rapid, accurate movement and processing of merchandise using established engineered methods and standards.
- Organizes and prioritizes daily work orders and staffing needs to meet production goals.
- Responsible for accuracy/quality of work for all assigned Ross & Temp associates.
- Responsible for creating an effective team culture which recognizes individual and team performance, while maintaining an issue free environment in a demanding work environment.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with other Area Supervisors, DC Merchandise Managers, and Human Resources.
- Conducts daily huddle meetings to communicate important daily events & priorities.
- Facilitates associate training/meetings for subjects such as safety, human resources, new process orientation, and other subjects as conditions necessitate.
- Enforces policies and safety regulations, providing appropriate negative & positive consequences to team to manage safe working behaviors.
- Conducts disciplinary meetings regarding job performance with associates, in compliance with company policies and procedures, including the separation process when direct reports are terminated.
- Manages all administrative tasks and functions for responsible area.
- Performs job applicant interviews and makes hiring decisions.
- Prepares associate evaluations and administers reviews with the assistance of the DC Merchandise Manager.
- Maintains daily paperwork, such as time and production/CP2 records.
- Assists merchandise processors with paperwork, ticketing problems and troubleshooting orders.
- Provides updates to DC Merchandise Manager on production planning information and needs/problems of the area.
- Miscellaneous functions and responsibilities:
- Works on special projects as needed.
- Attends and helps plan any special events planned for his/her team.
Qualifications And Special Skills Required:
- Strong written and verbal communication and organization skills are necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Familiarity with the following technical equipment: radio frequency/bar code scanners, and Rapid Pak System.
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience in a production or merchandising function.
10-40 Hourly Associates of varying classifications, including Checker, Marker, Packer, Material Handler, Splitter, Loader, Unloader
WE OFFER: Competitive Compensation and Fully Comprehensive Benefits!!!