$2,500 Sign-on Bonus and competitive salary!
Plans, lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs, and repairs sheet metal/piping/plumbing parts, equipment, and products.
- $2,500 Sign-on Bonus!
- Competitive Salary
- Medical / Vision/ Dental / Life / Prescription Insurance
- HSA w/ Employer contribution
- Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K w/ 5% match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cut, thread, and hammer pipe to specifications.
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading joints.
- Attach pipes to walls, structures and fixtures, such as radiators or tanks, using brackets, clamps, tools or welding equipment.
- Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading.
- Lay out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
- Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications.
- Select pipe sizes and types and related materials, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Cut and bore holes in structures, such as bulkheads, decks, walls, and mains, prior to pipe installation, using hand and power tools.
- Modify, clean, and maintain pipe systems, units, fittings, and related machines and equipment, following specifications and using hand and power tools.
- Install automatic controls used to regulate pipe systems
- Turn valves to shut off water or other gases or liquids from pipe sections, using valve keys or wrenches.
- Remove and replace worn components.
- Prepare cost estimates for clients.
- Inspect work sites for obstructions and to ensure that holes will not cause structural weakness.
- Operate motorized pumps to remove water from flooded manholes, basements, or facility floors.
- Dip nonferrous piping materials in a mixture of molten tin and lead to obtain a coating that prevents erosion or galvanic and electrolytic action.
Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED or equivalent combination of experience and education