Starting salary will be commensurate with experience.
Location: 75 5th Street, Suite 400, Atlanta, Georgia 30308
- This position is responsible for the development of communication materials for external publication and training materials which support Quick Start projects.
- This includes research, content development, copyedits and proofreading, assisting in managing production of materials and requests for public information.
- Develops and maintains an awareness of the field of workforce development and technical education to suggest activities that will enhance the goals of Quick Start.
- Provides support to the daily operational tasks of the Communications Department.
- Fulfillment of duties requires periodic travel, primarily within Georgia.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications or a related field and Three (3) years of experience in print publishing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications or a related field and Five (5) consecutive years of professional experience in print publishing.
- Experience in multi-media content, and citation of events in which applicant demonstrated public speaking capabilities
- Knowledge of public relations theories and practices
- Knowledge of English grammar use, research techniques, and composition
- Oral and written communication skills
- Editing skills
- Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs
- Ability to organize and present a variety of informational and promotional materials
The Technical College System of Georgia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law.