Heavy Equipment Operator
Operate Heavy Equipment (Loader, Dozer, Excavator, Motor Grader, Backhoe) in a safe and efficient manner within operation (example: grading/excavation, utility/drainage installation, demolition, installation of MSE walls) that the operator is assigned.
SGL Employee Benefits:
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Short Term, Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
- 3+ Years’ experience preferred
- Individuals applying running rubber tired equipment are required to have a valid driver’s license
- Perform tasks as required by crew foreman to assist crew in completion of daily task with their specific operation
- Perform daily safety and maintenance inspection checks and provide Foreman with copy of inspection.
- Clean Equipment interior and tires/tracks daily.
- Ensure heavy equipment is safely and securely stored at end of shift.
- Advise the Foreman of any requirements for maintenance or repairs.
Physically, workers must be able to:
- Work in all weather, and must be prepared to deal with heat
- Willing to assist ground personnel and lift half his weight if required.
- Work in outdoor conditions (dusty or dirty environment)
SGL Constructors (Skanska, Granite and Lane Joint Venture) is the Prime Contractor on the I-4 Ultimate Project in Orlando, FL. The total construction costs for the project are $2.3 Billion.
SGL Constructors is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.