Armored Service Technician
“Hiring the best” defines our process of vetting against the strictest standards—the toughest in the industry. So, if you’re offered a spot on our team, it means you have a solid background, the right skills, and the attitude of someone who knows how to contribute to a great organization.
If this sounds appealing to you, we invite you to contact us today. It may not be easy to earn a job with Loomis, but if you have what it takes to join our team, you’ll find positive opportunities for a fulfilling career. With a national service network, opportunities are available in many areas across the country.
- Driving automatic and/or standard shift vehicles from 8,000 to 36,000 pounds gvw a minimum of 4 hours per day, 5 days per week, in accordance with a designated route, making stops at a minimum of 30 customer locations.
- Servicing ATM machines on a set schedule, including re-supplying replenishing, retrieving deposits, and monetarily balancing the machine.
- Picking up/delivering customer change orders/deposits carrying a minimum of 50 pounds by hand or up to several hundred pounds by cart, a minimum of 30 stops per day for a minimum of 4-5 hours, 5 days per week.
- Loading/unloading vehicle cargo consisting of multiple bags and boxes of coins, weighing as much as 50 pounds per item, 5-6 days per week.
- Counting items, recording amounts and serial numbers, signing and dating receipts and manifests, sorting individual cargo items by route.
- Communicating with customers verbally on-site and via telephone and two-way radio to report emergencies and approach to Loomis, Fargo and Company facility.
- And other duties assigned.
- Ability to repeatedly perform heavy lifting and carrying items by hand in an unrestricted manner for significant distances (several yards).
- Ability to push/pull dollies/carts loaded with cargo weighing up to several hundred pounds.
- Unrestricted ability to bend, stoop, squat, stand, walk, climb, twist, turn and reach out.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle safely in accordance with Driver Physical Qualifications established by the US Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration.
- Ability to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquires, and to make entries on reports and records.
- Ability to sign and record numbers by hand.
- Ability to count, record, add, subtract, and balance columns of numbers.
- Ability to operate large automatic shift vehicles.
- Ability to meet state requirements for handgun license/permit or Security Officer Commission.
- Good attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to interact constantly with co-workers, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to handle change in sequence and routine on short notice.
- Full-time schedule possibly consisting of an average of 50 hours/week.
- Full-time work at a minimum of 5 days anytime during a 7-day period.
- Approximately 90-95 percent of work performed in vehicle within individual compartments (front and rear).
- Exposure to wet and dry conditions, extreme heat and cold, constant vehicle and traffic noise and possibly to gasoline/diesel fumes.
Our Benefits: Loomis employees drive the very core of our business. Our success depends on our team members, and that’s why it’s important for us to offer an employee benefits program that is not only extremely comprehensive, but also one of the best in the industry. Key benefit components include:
- Health insurance plans
- Dental plans
- Vision plan
- Employee assistance plan
- Short-term disability plan
- Long-term disability plan
- 401(k) plan
- Basic life insurance plan
- Voluntary life insurance plan
- Flexible spending account
- Dependent care account