Responsible and accountable for the record keeping procedures and storage of all medical records in a manner consistent with facility policies and procedures, professional standards, and state and federal laws and regulations for long-term care facilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares charts for new admissions.
- Closes medical records upon discharge.
- Develops schedule for and conducts audits of the medical records.
- Maintains the computerized physician order program and monitors physician visit schedule.
- Maintains master index system.
- Orders, maintains, and distributes medical records forms.
- Completes sections of the Minimum Data Set as required.
- Establishes and monitors procedures to ensure confidentiality of patient information and guard against loss or destruction of data.
- Maintains records and completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Proficient in the use of personal computer.
When you work at a SavaSeniorCare affiliated facility, you immediately become part of a team that aims to respect you and recognizes the importance of the skills that you utilize in providing quality care for our residents and patients. To that end, we offer a number of benefits designed to complement your personal and professional goals.
- Direct Deposit
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days
- Sick Time
- Medical, Dental, Life, Accident Insurance
- Storms of Life
- Post-Employment College Program
- CEU Reimbursement
- Short-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Employee Referral Program
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)