Diesel Mechanic - 2nd Shift
We are looking for a Diesel Technician B to join our Maintenance team. EPES offers a full benefits package.
The Diesel Technician B will repair heavy duty trucks by inspecting for problems or responding to mechanical problems noted by drivers. They will perform "B" and "C" repairs to all trucks and perform "A", "B", and "C" services as per checklist.
- High school Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Technical training in heavy duty truck repair
- At least one year experience as heavy duty mechanic
- Basic data entry and computer skills
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test.
- No convictions of serious crimes or felonies. However, a conviction is not an automatic disqualification of employment.
- Have valid driver's license; prefer CDL.
- Certified brake inspector.
- Certified Federal Inspector
- Certified forklift operator.
- ASE certified for freon.
- Possess necessary mechanic's tools.
- Ability to work independently; initiative; self-starter.
- Ability to use TMT maintenance software
- Ability to plan and organize workload; flexibility to handle pressure and work with interruptions and meet deadlines; attention to detail
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Inspects trucks for problems and repairs same. Also makes needed repairs as noted by drivers.
- Performs maintenance and services of Classes A, B and C.
- Performs repairs of Classes B and C.
- Performs computer diagnostics using manufactures specific software.
- Documents all work, parts charges and time in TMT maintenance software.
- Keeps work area clean and free of safety hazards; handles all job duties according to Company's safety procedures.
Epes Transport is dedicated to providing quality transportation services. Our mission is to continuously improve the quality of our service to meet and exceed the needs of our customers. Continuous improvement in quality is the means we will use to ensure reasonable profits and long term growth.
Epes Transport System, LLC is the largest private trucking company in North Carolina.