AC, Heating & Refrigeration Technology Instructor - 10 month
Fayetteville Technical Community College in Fayetteville, NC is seeking qualified applicants for this full-time position. Qualified candidates will possess excellent computer skills, demonstrate evidence of a career that includes flexibility and willingness to change; open-mindedness, fairness and the ability to see multiple perspectives; a willingness to take risks, and willingness to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth.
- Provide quality instruction and hands-on training in the assigned area.
- Prepare lesson plans, course overviews and course syllabi.
- Teach face-to-face classes to include days, evenings, and weekends both on and off campus.
- Teach online classes as needed by the Department.
- Incorporate latest instructional technologies; interactive learning technologies in course delivery.
- Recruit students for the program.
- Advise students in the program.
- Monitor and improve student retention.
- Provide input on program review, assessment, and other departmental activities.
- Periodically evaluate and develop new courses. Revise and update existing courses for relevancy and currency consistent with the role and mission of the college.
- Maintain face-to-face and/or online classroom environments conducive to student learning, engagement and retention.
- Maintain accurate scholastic and membership records of students enrolled in classes and prepare and submit reports as required.
- Continually develop and improve skills through professional development
- Associate Degree in AC, Heating & Refrigeration or a closely related field.
- Must possess EPA Section 608 Universal Certification.
- Extensive experience, well documented in the application packet, or NC Heating/Air Conditioning License may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
- Three-five years’ experience in the field.
- Teaching experience at the community college or four-year College.
The Fayetteville Technical Community College is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Employer.