Driving you to a Better FUTURE!
Competitive Wages, Benefits, and Promotional Opportunities!
Employee Benefits: Employee benefits are offered to full-time employees including: medical, dental, vision, 401k retirement, paid holidays to name a few.
Essential Functions: Reporting directly to the JSU Site Manager, the JSU SHUTTLE BUS DRIVER provides exceptional customer care to passengers while operating commercial buses in a safe, timely and professional manner. Manages all aspects of bus driving, including safety, route proficiency, mechanical issues, etc.
Employee Work Life: Energetic, technological, fast paced, committed to workplace diversity and strives to accommodate employee work-life-balance. Management Teams are committed to listening to employee ideas and reward staff for making the workplace a better, more efficient place to work
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalency & the ability to communicate fluently in the English language.
- Provide a completed employment application with 10 year work history AND provide a current 3 year motor vehicle report that has no more than one serious DOT violation in the past 3 years and no more than 4 violations in the past 7 years.
- Must be 25 years old and be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Must possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License with a Class A or B CDL, Passenger Endorsement and no air brake restrictions (if driving a vehicle with air brakes); possess negative drug or alcohol tests from previous employers; pass a pre-employment physical and drug-screen; pass a criminal background check; pass all American Coach Lines of Atlanta’s Safety & Training Programs.
- Experience as CDL Driver in the transportation industry,
- Knowledgeable of University roadways, signage and operations
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates shuttle buses on and off the Jacksonville State University campus
- Communicates any bus mechanical problems to supervisors and maintenance to resolve issues.
- Checks each coach for safety related and other defects as required.
- Works with a wide variety of people and be able to work with their needs and requests.
- Resolves customer issues to their satisfaction with or without the assistance of the office.
- Completes required paperwork, such as Daily Logs, Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports and other Federal Guidelines.
- Reads & understands paperwork and notices that are given out for the driver's information.
- Handles job-related stress that comes from road conditions, weather, customers, other drivers, unforeseen circumstances, emergencies, etc., including last minute changes.
- Performs other tasks that are assigned by the JSU Site Manager or other Management Team Members.
Physical, Work Schedule & Travel Requirements:
Infrequent, low weight lifting (~ 30 pounds at a time) & must be able to sit, stand, squat, kneel & bend at any given time; Ability to work different shifts, flexible schedules such as occasional weekends, holidays, special days, etc.
JOIN AMERICAN COACH LINES & MEGABUS SE:
American Coach Lines: Began operations in 1975 in Atlanta, GA. Its charter division provides more 15,000 charters per year. Its contract division serves Metropolitan Atlanta and Jacksonville State University, AL.
Megabus SE: Megabus provides low-cost, express bus service to more than 120 cities across the US. Megabus Atlanta started operations in November 2011 with 45 professional drivers and has doubled to about 90 drivers in present day.
Coach USA: Motor coach operator company committed to greener, safer and better value transportation. Owns & operates 36 local companies across the US which operates scheduled bus routes, motor coach tours, charters, city sightseeing tours and megabus.com. Employs close to 6,000 workers throughout the United States.
GET ON BOARD WITH COACH USA!!
Coach USA Is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Place.
"Coach USA: Committed to Delivering Safe, Affordable, Greener Travel"
In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job related disability or any other protected group status.