The Orange Water and Sewer Authority (OWASA), a progressive water utility provides water, sewer and reclaimed water services to the Towns of Chapel Hill, Carrboro and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
We are seeking a technically savvy individual with outstanding time management skills and the proven ability to organize resources to efficiently deliver. Candidates must be extremely dependable, detail oriented, creative and able to support a fast-paced Human Resources and Safety department.
Salary range: $33,957 - $52,295
Work hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- 100% of employee premiums for health, dental, and vision
- 50% of dependent premiums for health and 40% for dental
- 11 paid holidays
- Participation in NC Local Government Employees Retirement System
- Generous Leave program including sick, annual, personal, bereavement, parental, etc.
- Life Insurance, Dependent Life and Long Term Disability
- Educational and personal development reimbursement/bonus programs
- Team player with excellent work ethic
- Adaptability and the desire to work in a collaborative environment
- Must uphold a high level of confidentiality, have a service-oriented attitude and professional demeanor with incredible problem-solving skills
- Greets departmental visitors and serves as the front line for employee inquiries
- Requires proficiency and accuracy in providing information, preparing letters, documents, spreadsheets, memorandums, reports, mailings and correspondence
- Schedules appointments and maintains accurate calendars
- Upholds electronic and physical filing systems to include filing, retrieval, storage and destructions
- Ability to handle financial transactions, reconciliations and coordinating departmental budget. Supports the team by preparing and coordinating meetings, trainings and special events
- Has above average aptitude with Microsoft Office products
- Use of Microsoft SharePoint, ADP Workforce Now, Microsoft Dynamics GP and NEOGOV preferred.
- Minimum requirements include a high school diploma
- One to three years of experience.
- Valid North Carolina Class C driver’s license required
OWASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to continuous improvement, sustainability, creativity, diversity and inclusion.
Certified Orange County Living Wage Employer.