As a Functional Manager you will work on the day-to-day aspects of the rental car business while using superior management, leadership and customer service skills. You will work with a wide range of employees, customers, vendors, and third party contractors to achieve the overall results and goals for your area of operations. You are responsible for managing a unionized and/or non-unionized workforce, delivering quality customer service, increasing sales and revenue, scheduling adequate staff coverage, handling escalated customer issues and requests, recruiting new employees and providing them with training.
You will be an expert in all of Hertz products and services and will coach employees how to improve their ability to sell and meet customer needs. Additionally, depending on your assigned area you will be responsible for the rental fleet at your location including staying aware of hourly reservations, return counts, vehicle make and model availability, preventative maintenance schedules, etc. to achieve the greatest revenue and profitability.
Health Insurance, Employee Discounts, Vacation & Paid Time Off, Monthly and Annual Performance Incentives, 401(k) after 1 yr., Life insurance and Tuition Reimbursement
Bachelor’s degree level is preferred (Associate level is accepted), but someone who is able to demonstrate the requisite behaviors and with the right level of experience (below) will also be considered.
• Proven track record of being an effective leader and coach to others.
• An operational background in car rental industry a distinct advantage but not essential.
• Attitude and the right behaviors are more important, as is the requisite level of capability to manage in a tough, fast moving operation.
• Previous experience of working in a unionized environment would also be an advantage.
• Strong management, communications, interpersonal relationship, customer service, problem solving, fleet management, and sales skills
• Strong planning and logistical skills