Design - Build Manager
Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of large, complex and/or multiple design build projects to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Assists with developing opportunities for the Companies through networking in industry functions, professional organizations, and client meetings. Develops strong relationships with owners, engineers, and potential teammates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Build strong relationships with Owners, Engineers, and Potential Teammates
- Help identify and track opportunities for Corman thru networking in industry functions, professional organizations and client meetings
- Participate in decision-making process regarding potential pursuits
- Lead/prepare SOQ, RFP’s – DB and Non-DB
- Represent Corman on JV or teaming pursuits
- Coordinate with, manage & negotiate fee and scope with engineering partners
- Find innovative solutions
- Perform QA of engineer designs
- Assist or serve as Design Build Project Manager (DBPM) on specific projects;
- Provide leadership for successful startup, coordination, execution and on time completion of design-build projects;
- Reports to Vice President – Design Build. Specific duties or projects may require reporting to Division Manager and/or General Manager dependent upon assignment;
- Attend and participate in bid scope reviews and pricing reviews;
- Participate at project level:
- Understanding and managing job cost;
- Construction schedule;
- Owner relations;
- Personnel decisions;
- Support Construction Manager with field operations;
- Manage design progress of the project ;
- Ensure schedule and budget compliance of design team is met;
- Maintain schedule performance of both designers and contractors;
- Coordinate Design Team effort with construction;
- Schedule and lead Design reviews;
- Insure QC / QA & Constructability Reviews performed on Design;
- May work/manage non-DB projects as needed.
May manage Project Manager or Managers, Project Engineers, Project Superintendents, and Foremen who supervise employees in construction of the Project. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience
Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related degree or more than 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Not required but beneficial; design build and/or construction management certifications, professional licensing and other certificates related to construction, engineering, quality, and safety.
Competitive wages and benefits such as 401k w/ company match, Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, etc.