Health Informatics Manager
The Orange County Health Department has an opening for a Health Informatics Manager. The Informatics Manager promotes individual and population health by leading public health informatics and quality improvement initiatives across all units in the Department.
Responsibilities include developing, implementing, and evaluating these initiatives, establishing, leading and maintaining intra- and inter- departmental teams, and managing work plans and timelines. Collects, integrates, analyzes and presents health information data. Evaluates trends and makes recommendations to improve departmental productivity and outcomes. Work will involve multiple initiatives and projects at any given time and will change as the initiatives and projects evolve.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Examples of Essential Functions: Following are examples of typical work activities and responsibilities. The incumbent may be responsible for performing other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned. A position may not include all the work examples given, nor does the list include all that may be assigned.
Provides technical assistance to Divisions and teams regarding public health informatics, data collection processes, information technology applications, and computer systems storage/retrieval.
Facilitates and implements the development, implementation and evaluation of a comprehensive public health informatics strategic plan for the Department.
Performs data analysis and creates visual presentations of findings to include dashboards reflecting progress to priority public health outcomes.
Participates in the Department's design and application of the community health improvement strategies with a particular emphasis on developing and implementing evaluation of specific, measurable action plans in partnership with public and private organizations.
Participates with community health partners in the development and implementation of Health Information Exchange(s).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of the core functions and essential services of public health.
- Knowledge of teaching methods and techniques for presenting material and engaging a wide variety of audiences in learning experiences including but not limited to group process and facilitation; print and electronic educational materials; and formal presentations using a wide range of audio visual equipment.
- Knowledge of: epidemiology, disease prevention, health promotion, behavioral change, group process, community/organizational development theory and techniques; adult learning theory and methods of instruction; public health informatics; quality management theory and techniques.
- Demonstrates qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis for the identification of population health status.
- Demonstrates effective presentation of data to address scientific, political, ethical, and social public health issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Master's Degree in Health Informatics, Public Health, Public Administration, Business Administration or similar field and two years of related experience.
Orange County provides a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Participation in the North Carolina State Retirement System;
- Orange County contributes 7.56% of your base salary per pay period and 8.25% for LEO.
- Health Insurance
- Orange County pays 100% of employee premiums for health insurance and a portion of dependent premiums.
- Dental Insurance
- Orange County pays 100% of employee premiums for dental insurance.
- Life Insurance
- Orange County pays for an employee life insurance policy based on employees salary up to $50,000.
- Vision Insurance
- Optional Life and Disability Coverage
- 401 (k) and 457 Deferred Compensation Plans
- Orange County contributes $27.50 per pay period to the supplemental retirement plan you choose and will contribute up to an additional $63 per pay period as a match.
- Paid Holidays
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Various other leave programs including civil, funeral, parental, etc.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabilities