SGL Constructors (Skanska , Granite and Lane Joint Venture) is the Prime Contractor on the I-4 Ultimate Project in Orlando, FL. The total construction costs for the project are $2.3 Billion.
SGL Employee Benefits:
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays (This benefit applies to foreman/foreperson only.)
Primary Purpose: Directly supervises and coordinates the activities of field employees in a heavy highway/infrastructure construction environment. In addition, the pipe foreman provides leadership and is responsible for safety, scheduling, workforce planning, coordinating, supervising and assisting in cost control, ensuring the consistent and fair application of all SGL Constructors policies and procedures.
- Is responsible and accountable for the safety of the crews under his/her direction
- Understands and communicates SGL’s safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance in all areas of safety while identifying the needs for crew safety training
- Oversees and coordinates the activities of field employees
- Assess competency and capability of employees on the project and evaluates the capabilities of the crew members
- Accountable for following project plans and schedules, ensuring that crews perform activities to meet production goals
- Translates general work requirements into a prioritized work plan for the crew
- Accountable for the preparation of reports as required by SGL
- Maintains employee time reporting (electronic time cards)
- Must possess 3 to 5 years in heavy highway construction with knowledge of project construction scope and objectives to include, but not limited to knowledge of laying pipe for storm or sanitation sewers, drains and water mains, reading and understanding plans and specifications
- Must possess time management skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to stand, kneel, walk, lift, bend, stoop, push and pull
- Must be able to work on average 10 hours per day, five days, occasionally six days per week
- All work is performed outdoors (dusty or dirty surroundings)
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
SGL Constructors is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.