MDS Coordinator - Registered Nurse
Ask about our Sign on Bonus!!!
Assists the Resident Care Management Director (RCMD) with the timely and accurate completion of both the RAI and Care Management process from admission to discharge in accordance to Company P&Ps, MPGs, State and Federal guidelines, and all other entities as appropriate (e.g., Minimum Data Set, discharge and re-entry tracking forms, etc.). With direction from the RCMD, may coordinate information systems operations and education for the clinical department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Experienced Support
- No Floor time
- No On Call Required
- No Cart Work
- Must be a RN
- Works in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team to assess the needs of the resident.
- Assists with coordination and management of the daily Care Management meeting, to include review of resident care and the setting of the Assessment Reference Date.
- Complies with federal and state regulations regarding completion and coordination of the RAI process.
- Monitors MDS and care plan documentation for all residents. Ensures documentation is present in the medical record to support MDS coding.
- Maintains current MDS status of assigned residents according to state and federal guidelines.
- Supports the tracking system of MDS schedules (timeframes and due dates).
- Maintains the frequent and accurate data entry of resident information into appropriate computerized MDS programs.
- Completes accurate coding of the MDS with information obtained via medical record review as well as observation and interview with facility staff, resident and family members.
- At the direction of the RCMD, attends interdisciplinary team meetings and other meetings in order to gather information, communicate changes, and maintain and update records.
- Continually updating knowledge base related to data entry and computer technology.
- At the direction of the RCMD, may participate in quality assurance activities.
- Completion of AANAC Certificate program within the first six months of employment.
- Contacts Medicare Beneficiary Hotline per company policy and RCMD direction.
- Completes electronic submission of required documentation to the State database and other entities per company policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse with health care experience in a long-term care facility (May be an LPN/LVN with approval from the facility NHA).
- Knowledge of RAI process required.
- Knowledge of Medicare preferred.
Ask about our Sign on Bonus!!!
When you work at a SavaSeniorCare affiliated facility, you immediately become part of a team that aims to respect you and recognizes the importance of the skills that you utilize in providing quality care for our residents and patients.
To that end, we offer a number of benefits designed to complement your personal and professional goals. We feature a competitive benefits package that includes paid time off from work and a 401(k) savings plan, as well as medical, dental, vision insurance and income protection plans.
We also offer employee referral bonuses for MDS and rehab positions and discounts through partners such as Verizon, HP and Shoes for Crews.
- Direct Deposit
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Sick Time
- Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Basic Life Insurance, Accident Insurance
- Storms of Life
- Post-Employment College Program
- Critical Care with Cancer Coverage
- Supplemental Spouse Life Insurance
- CEU Reimbursement
- Short-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Employee Referral Program
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D), Dependent Life Insurance, Supplemental Employee Life Insurance, Whole Life Plan Insurance