Occupational Therapist Assistant
An occupational therapist assistant (OTA) works under the supervision of a licensed occupational therapist to assist with a patient's treatment program in accordance with federal guidelines and state practice acts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts resident screens (without interpretation) as allowed by state practice act.
- Helps residents with rehabilitative activities and exercises outlined in a treatment plan developed in collaboration with an occupational therapist.
- Monitors an individual's activities to make sure they are performed correctly and to provide encouragement.
- Records resident's progress for use by the occupational therapist.
- May assist in scheduling appointments, answering the telephone, restocking or ordering depleted supplies, and filling out insurance forms or other paperwork.
- Provides training to residents, caregivers and families according to the resident's care plan.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree from a AOTA accredited program.
- Licensed COTA if required by state law.
When you work at a SavaSeniorCare affiliated facility, you immediately become part of a team that aims to respect you and recognizes the importance of the skills that you utilize in providing quality care for our residents and patients.
To that end, we offer several benefits designed to complement your personal and professional goals. We feature a competitive benefits package that includes paid time off from work and a 401(k) savings plan, as well as medical, dental, vision insurance and income protection plans.
We also offer employee referral bonuses for MDS and rehab positions and discounts through partners such as Verizon, HP and Shoes for Crews.
Benefits at a Glance
- Direct Deposit
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Time
- Dental Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Storms of Life
- Post-Employment College Program
- Critical Care with Cancer Coverage
- Supplemental Spouse Life Insurance
- Vacation Days
- Medical Insurance
- CEU Reimbursement
- Short-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Employee Referral Program
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Supplemental Employee Life Insurance
- Whole Life Plan Insurance