Settlements/Accounts Payable Clerk
Job Overview: We are looking for an I/C Settlements/Account Payable Clerk to join our Accounting team. The I/C Settlements/Account Payable Clerk will be responsible for accurately processing weekly settlement pay for Independent Contractors, weekly overview accuracy of ALL Independent Contractors settlements pay and deductions, and accuracy overview of all monthly and standing deductions for all Independent Contractors.
- High school diploma
- Prefer some experience in trucking industry
- Good data entry skills accuracy very important
- Prefer some PC skills to include Excel
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test
- No conviction of felonies, serious crimes or have charges pending. However, a conviction is not an automatic disqualification of employment.
- Ability to work flexible hours / flexible schedules as needed
- Ability to work independently. Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter.
- Ability to plan and organize work load. Ability to handle very detailed information.
- Ability and flexibility to handle work pressure and work with interruptions.
- Ability to meet work processes deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to function as a team player.
- Ability to handle owner operator pay questions/concerns with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Willingness to learn and accept responsibility.
- Oversees distribution of contents of trip packets to proper personnel within and among departments.
- Uses scanning/imaging system to scan and index driver trip packet documents.
- Uses Trips Processing Module to process each trip independent contractor's trip sheet.
- Calculates fuel surcharges, tolls, lumper fees, weight tickets and other reimbursements due to independent contractors.
- Monitors Comdata cash advances and fuel charges to be deducted from independent contractors; monitors other repair bills and miscellaneous bills to be deducted.
- Reviews weekly Settlement Trial Report for accuracy of settlement pay and deductions.
- Processes Weekly Final Settlement Run; coordinates mailing of settlement checks/reports to independent contractors.
- Handles presentation of independent contractors' settlement procedures to new owner operators in orientation.
- Maintains accurate reports and summaries, including Excel spreadsheets, to ensure proper audit trails and assist in month end reconciliations.
- Assist Accounts Payables as needed.
- Assist Payroll as needed.
- Demonstrates support to the Epes Transport System, LLC Quality Management System and its objectives as applicable.
- Performs other duties as may become necessary or assigned.
Epes Transport is dedicated to providing quality transportation services. Our mission is to continuously improve the quality of our service to meet and exceed the needs of our customers. Continuous improvement in quality is the means we will use to ensure reasonable profits and long term growth.
Epes Transport System, LLC is the largest private trucking company in North Carolina.