Job Overview: We are looking for Operations Intern to join our Operations team. The Operations Intern will provide quality administrative and technical support on a temporary part time basis to the operations department while satisfying customer requirements. All Interns will receive training, gather work experience and be exposed to the transportation field in order to prepare for future employment opportunities.
- Currently enrolled Sophomores, Juniors or Seniors at a College or University with a minimum grade point average of 2.5
- Prefer Supply Chain Management/Logistics, Business Administration or Marketing degree majors.
- Good data entry skills -- accuracy important
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Professional, clean, neat appearance
- Proficient in Word, Excel and e-mail
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test
- No convictions of serious crimes or felonies. However, a conviction is not an automatic disqualification of employment.
- Travel if needed
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and be a self-starter
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to correctly make decisions involving customer issues/problems including when to escalate the problem to a more senior consultant
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills
- Willingness to learn and accept responsibility
- Solicits and schedules customer freight at the direction of the area Load Planner.
- Maintains and consistently updates customer contact sheet.
- Gather data for employee scorecard reporting.
- Answer driver messages via an onboard truck Qualcomm system.
- Prepare Word, Excel documents as needed.
- Track & Trace high priority shipments. Communicates potential failures. Actively engages in development of relay solutions to avoid pending/potential service failures.
- Demonstrates support to the Epes Transport System, LLC Quality Management System and its objectives, as applicable.
- Other duties to be added as need.
Epes Transport is dedicated to providing quality transportation services. Our mission is to continuously improve the quality of our service to meet and exceed the needs of our customers. Continuous improvement in quality is the means we will use to ensure reasonable profits and long term growth.
Epes Transport System, LLC is the largest private trucking company in North Carolina.