Equipment Inspector – Fuel Lane 2nd shift
Job Overview: We are looking for an Equipment Inspector, Fuel Lane to join our Maintenance team. The Equipment Inspector, Fuel Lane will inspect all inbound equipment, perform minor repairs and P/Ms, inspect brakes and adjust,if needed. They will also top off fluids, perform air pressure checks on non-P.S.I. trailers and complete D.V.I.R. and fuel lane as outlined in procedures.
- High school Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Prefer six months service lane experience or technical school
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test.
- No conviction of felonies, serious crimes or have charges pending. However, conviction is not an automatic disqualification of employment.
- Basic computer skills
- Have valid driver's license.
- Prefer certified brake inspector.
- Certified fork lift operator.
- Ability to work independently; initiative; self-starter.
- Ability to plan and organize workload to ensure the completion of day to day task; flexibility to handle pressure and work with interruptions and meet deadlines; attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Willingness to learn and accept responsibility.
- Prefer knowledge of applicable DOT regulations and documentation requirements.
- Prefer familiarity with applicable OSHA regulations (i.e., protective equipment, MSDS, safety procedures with required tools).
- Checks and documents P/Ms due on all equipment. May perform some P/Ms
- Performs thorough safety inspections on inbound equipment.
- Tops off fluids & check hub oil levels. Checks and adjust air pressures on non-PSI trailers.
- Documents all work and time in TMT maintenance software.
- Creates write-ups for any service due or repairs needed through the D.V.I.R. process.
- Removes all Off Tires from trailer rack and creates a write-up for the Off Road Tire Process to begin.
- Assists drivers with D.V.I.R. process.
- May train to perform functions of Diesel Mechanic C or Trailer Technician.
- May be required to inspect and adjust brakes.
- May be required to perform janitorial services around facility.
- Prepares documentation in conformance with DOT regulations and FMCSR regulations.
- Keeps work area clean and free of safety hazards; handles all job duties according to Company's safety procedures.
- Demonstrates support to the Epes Transport System, LLC Quality Management System and its objectives, as applicable.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Epes Transport is dedicated to providing quality transportation services. Our mission is to continuously improve the quality of our service to meet and exceed the needs of our customers. Continuous improvement in quality is the means we will use to ensure reasonable profits and long term growth.
Epes Transport System, LLC is the largest private trucking company in North Carolina.