Industry Training Instructor - Continuing Education
Fayetteville Technical Community College in Fayetteville, NC is seeking qualified applicants for this full-time position. This instructor will provide training for persons interested in the installation and maintenance of electrical systems found in residential, commercial, and industrial facilities. Course work, most of which is hands-on, will include such topics as AC/DC theory, basic wiring practices, programmable logic controllers, industrial motor controls, applications of the National Electric Code, and other subjects.
- Qualified candidates will possess excellent computer skills, demonstrate evidence of a career that includes flexibility and willingness to change; open-mindedness, fairness and the ability to see multiple perspectives; a willingness to take risks, and willingness to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth.
- Provide general classroom and clinical lab instruction both online and in a traditional setting.
- Teach face-to-face classes to include days, evenings, and weekends.
- Incorporate latest instructional technologies and interactive learning technologies in course delivery.
- Advise students who are in the program or aspire to be in the program.
- Monitor and improve student retention.
- Maintain class records, input grades and attendance into Webadvisor.
- Provide recommendations for other classes to Department Chair and Dean of Corporate and Industry Training.
- Assist in the design and update of course syllabi, outlines, and lesson plans.
- Evaluate classroom instruction and make necessary improvements.
- Provide quality customer service to students, faculty and staff.
- Continually develop and improve skills through professional development.
- Participate in faculty committees and other activities, as assigned.
- Associate Degree in Electrical Systems Technology or a minimum of 5 years Electrical experience.
- Must be knowledgeable in AC/DC theory, basic wiring practices, programmable logic controllers, industrial motor controls, and National Electric Code.
- State of North Carolina Limited Electrical Contractors License
- State of North Carolina Unlimited Electrical Contractors License
- Working knowledge of electrical systems, schematic drawings, troubleshooting, and NFPA 70E Electrical Safety would be a plus.
The Fayetteville Technical Community College is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Employer.