Machinist Technical Lead
Working as a team, we celebrate our differences while leveraging our collective skills to build better processes, driving excellence company wide.
Our commitment to sustaining this high level of performance among CIRCOR employees is unconditional. We do whatever is necessary to ensure that each individual has the opportunities and resources to achieve their potential.
Position Summary: The Machinist Technical Lead will collaborate with Mechanical Engineers and Production Managers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to create and maintain effective training plans and learning solutions for new hires and cross-training. Provide refresher training on machines to improve individual and organizational performance, and quality standards. This position will rely heavily on your knowledge, expertise, and ability to make sound decisions and judgements. The ideal candidate is able to apply reasoning skills to understand problems and make decisions. They are also highly adaptable and thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of CNC machines, precision measuring equipment and their applications, and how to set up required machines and tools.
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning, tolerancing, job clearance, and advanced math skills used to calculate material fabrication.
- Proficient with computer software, such as Microsoft Outlook, CAM/CAD software, and ERP software.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities to meet project goals, work independently, and adapt to a changing work environment with competing demands.
- Capable of reading blueprints and drawings; learning new technology; adapting to changing events; and using reasoning to work effectively.
Education & Experience:
- AS Degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience proficient operation and troubleshooting on 4+ critical work centers/operations within a department
- Minimum of five years of experience operating and programming manual or CNC machines in a mid to heavy manufacturing environment; or the equivalent of experience, training, and/or certification combined. Proficiency with high precision grinding operations a plus.
- Competitive Salary
- Shift Differential
- Recognition & Rewards
- Employee Referral
- 401K with Company Match
- Paid Holidays & Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities