Machinist A - 2nd Shift
Working as a team, we celebrate our differences while leveraging our collective skills to build better processes, driving excellence company wide.
Our commitment to sustaining this high level of performance among CIRCOR employees is unconditional. We do whatever is necessary to ensure that each individual has the opportunities and resources to achieve their potential.
Position Summary: Demonstrated ability to operate manual and CNC machinery for the manufacture of metal components to specific print dimensions and tolerances. Work from engineering drawings and specifications to manufacture metal components. Use gages and instrumentation for adherence to ultra-precision tolerances. Must be able to work independently and use good judgment. Problem Solve in the following areas: Quality, Tooling, Productivity, Throughput, and Maintenance. Must understand basic program structure and perform shop floor programs as required. Operate and understand manual and CNC machinery. Support Lean Initiatives / Continuous Improvement. Perform other duties as responsibilities necessitate.
- Inspect components of unit prior to assembly. Build and assemble pump according to instructions. Disassemble and inspect as required.
- Make necessary inspection checks and chart dimensions as required, to insure accuracy of part due to tool wear or deflection.
- Select and set proper holding devices, fixtures, and necessary attachments; layout as required.
- Position part or parts to be machined on machine table using lifting equipment as required; clamp in position for machining so as to avoid springing or damage to finished surfaces.
- Adjust and set cutting tools in tool changers or heads, grind single point cutting tools as required; select proper speeds and feeds; select and set attachments such as dividing heads and rotary index table as required.
- 2nd Shift Hours: 3:30pm – 11:30pm 3rd Shift Hours: 11:00pm – 7:00am
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent certificate required.
- Minimum one year prior machining experience.
- Must be able to read blue prints.
- Must be able to use and read calipers and micrometers.
- Competitive Salary
- Shift Differential
- Recognition & Rewards
- Employee Referral
- 401K with Company Match
- Paid Holidays & Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities