School Bus Driver
Public School Bus Driver - We Will Train!
Are you looking for a steady schedule? Do you want a job that rewards longevity? Kalamazoo Public Schools is now seeking Public School Bus Drivers to join our team!
The School Bus Driver is responsible for the transport of students to and from school using established, daily routes and designated bus stops. The right candidate will be able to instruct riders about being responsible passengers. The School Bus Driver should be able to drive defensively with the safety of students as their first priority.
Why Work For Kalamazoo Public Schools?
Our FT Bus Drivers receive:
- Health Insurance Benefits
- Paid Training
- Paid Holidays
- License Renewals
- And more!
- Conduct pre and post trip inspection of school bus prior to and after every trip.
- Use established routes and designated bus stops.
- Operate bus on approved time schedule.
- Report bus accidents and pupil injuries to authorities.
- Conduct emergency evacuation drills in keeping with school policies.
- Instruct riders regarding being responsible passengers.
- Drive defensively under varying traffic conditions and inclement weather.
- Drive with the safety of students as first priority.
- Report personal absence in time for the supervisor to secure substitute driver per contract.
- Perform bus housekeeping duties inside and out.
- Report bus defects to supervisor.
- Establish favorable working relationships with other drivers, students, and school staff.
- Exhibit positive image as loyal representative of the school district.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 5 years driving experience or 3 years relevant experience preferred
- Ability to secure CDL license appropriate for pupil transportation
- Able to meet Department of Transportation physical examination requirements including drug and alcohol testing.
- Meet school bus driver certification requirements.
- Ability to operate all vehicle types used in transporting students.
- Knowledge of streets in the school district.
- Knowledge of state laws and local ordinances.
- Ability to handle the exuberant behavioral characteristics of youthful riders.
- Ability to administer disciplinary procedures in keeping with district policies.
- Ability to exercise good judgment concerning emergencies, disabled vehicles, and irregular special requests by parents of riders.
- Ability to sit and ride for an extended period of time.
- Ability to lift and bear the weight of a paralyzed quadriplegic student to 26 years old.
- Excellent attendance record.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
Does this sound like the position for you? Don't miss the bus, apply today!