Mobile Fleet Diesel Mechanic
Salem Leasing is growing! In operation for over 50 years, Salem Leasing and Salem Carriers have over 45 service shops throughout the southeast.
We are seeking a qualified Mobile Truck Mechanic to service our Pineville, NC local customers in our modern and fully stocked service truck.
1st & 2nd shift available
Mobile Truck Mechanics Repair trucks, trailers and other vehicles. This position repairs any part on the equipment at customer’s site or possible roadside as required.
Mobile Truck Mechanic Duties Include:
- Examining vehicles to determine extent of damage or malfunctions.
- Testing drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges, and computerized diagnostic devices.
- Repair, reline, replace, and adjust brakes.
- Reviewing work orders and discuss work with supervisors.
- Following checklists to ensure all important parts are examined, including belts, hoses, steering systems, brake and fuel systems, wheel bearings, and other potentially troublesome areas.
What We’re Looking For:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum three years recent medium/heavy diesel maintenance experience
- Ensure cleanliness of shop and surrounding areas.
- Must have own hand tools
- Basic computer skills
- CDL license preferred
- Good driving record and proven work history
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold temperatures
- Uniforms/ safety shoe program
- Safety Awards
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Company sponsored skills training with pay increases!
- Health / Dental/ Vision/Company Paid Life / Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Excellent Pay
- Paid birthday and holidays from date of hire
- Vacation pay after 1 year of service
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Quality Safety Awards