Heavy Equipment Mechanic in examining, locating, and repairing mechanical defects in a wide variety of automotive and road construction equipment at jobsites throughout MD, DC, and Northern VA.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting equipment failures.
- Repairing and maintaining diesel and gasoline engines.
- Parts replacement, repair of vehicles, industrial machinery, and electrical and electronic equipment.
- Adjusting and repairing ignition, fuel, electrical, hydraulic and steering systems.
- Maintaining and repairing chassis, frames and bodies.Working with hoisting and jacking equipment, power tools, measuring instruments, gauges and meters.
- Lubricating equipment.
- Maintaining and repairing tires, batteries, brakes and valves.
- Performing shop management functions such as maintenance scheduling and spare parts inventory control.
- Keep work area clean and orderly.
- Must have his own tools to perform work.
- Ability to understand and follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Class B License.
- Five years’ experience.
- Class B License
Competitive wages and benefits such as 401k w/ company match, Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans, Disabled, Women and Minorities encouraged to apply.