SGL Constructors (Skanska , Granite and Lane Joint Venture) is the Prime Contractor on the I-4 Ultimate Project in Orlando, FL. The total construction costs for the project are $2.3 Billion.
SGL Employee Benefits:
• Short Term Disability
• Long Term Disability
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Holidays*
• Works as assigned by the Barge Foreman and/or Pile Driver Operator to ensure the successful completion of on-going or new marine construction projects.
• Assists in unloading and assembling of crane or other hoisting equipment to be used in piledriving activities.
• Unloads and assembles piledriving hammer and leads.
• Unloads various types of piling – concrete, pipe, H-piling, timber and steel sheet piling.
• Fuels, lubricates, and maintains the piledriving hammer.
• Lays out from blueprints and/or site plans the exact location where the pilings will be driven.
• Performs site preparation for installation of various concrete and wood structures.
• Prepares the piling to be driven and assists in positioning and driving the piling.
• Assists with the installation of boom and hoisting cables on the joisting equipment.
• Employs knowledge of construction rigging, such as use of slings, cable chokers, spreader bars, and multi-part load blocks, to complete crane hoisting tasks.
• Utilizes various hand signals for communicating with the Pile Driver Operator of hoisting equipment.
• Works with Pile Driver Operator to maneuver and position loads over designated areas in a smooth, safe manner.
• Sets up power and hand tools necessary to prepare specific pilings.
• Uses oxygen/acetylene welding torch to cut steel plates, pipes, beams, etc.
• Uses pneumatic power tools - drills, countersinks, and tuggers - as required.
• Uses gasoline chain saw to cut timbers and timber piling.
• Dresses and caps the pilings after having been driven and prepares them to receive the superstructure.
• Builds the form work for concrete structure, and constructs the timber falsework for all kinds of structures.
• Performs other related piledriving duties as may be required by specific project.
• Works closely with Pile Driver Operator, Barge Foreman, Welders, Helpers, Laborers and other skilled craft persons to complete current projects in a safe and efficient manner.
• Participates in Safety and Environmental initiatives that will contribute to compliance of State/Federal regulations and improve existing Company programs.
• Performs other related duties as may be assigned or requested by immediate supervision.
• Responsible and accountable for incumbent’s own personal safety.
• Responsible and accountable for the safety of all our co-workers and any others incumbent comes in contact with.
• Authorized and obligated to stop work on any task or series of tasks whenever an unsafe condition or situation is anticipated or is observed.
• Complies with all applicable laws, regulations and Company policies and procedures, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
• Reports any and all violations of applicable laws, regulations or Company policies and procedures promptly, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
• Performs other related administrative and technical duties as may be assigned or requested by immediate supervision (such as certification training, safety training, procedure review, etc.).
Interested parties complete the online short application and call 844-750-4984.
Interested parties may also come to a designated SGL site in Orlando, FL (409 West Robinson Street Orlando, FL 32801) to complete an application.
SGL Constructors is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.