This position is responsible for learning the essential functions of the Driver Specialist position including accurate and timely distribution of food staples, food specialty products and restaurant supplies to various customer locations. This position will also incorporate exposure to the Warehouse and Yard Driver functions to demonstrate the operational expectations of the Driver Specialist position and the company and assist in the development process of becoming a Driver Specialist.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maneuver into position to attach trailer and handle lines to secure.
- Inspect bill of lading and store keys for accuracy in off hour delivery.
- Drive tractor-trailer to destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skill in maneuvering vehicle on the road and on customer premises.
- Unload trailer, delivering product into customer premises.
- Have a Class A Commercial Driver's License. It's preferred to have Class B driving experience and an accident free driving record for the past three years.
- Be able to read and comprehend labels, instructions, and bills of lading.
- Be able to perform mathematical calculations to verify quantities of product.
- Be able to use a Tractor-trailer, 2 wheel dolly, ramp, and on-board PeopleNet device.
- Be able to lift maximum of 100 lbs, and frequent lifting/carrying of up to 50 lbs.
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans with tier premiums to fit the needs of our teammates
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Plans with employer match|
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Vacation/Time Off Benefits based on years of service
- Paid Holidays
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.