Brian Center of Clayton is actively hiring (Certified Nursing Assistant) Resident Care Specialist – CNA’s
The Resident Care Specialist performs multiple care duties that contribute to the health, well- being and quality of life for the Residents of the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Providing personal care and services to Residents including but not limited to the following:
• Assisting residents with activities of daily living such as transferring, turning and positioning, giving showers, dressing, grooming, feeding, toileting and ensuring residents are clean.
• Obtaining vital signs and weights and monitoring food and liquid intake.
• Delivering meal trays to residents, ensuring food is appropriate to the resident’s care plan, delivering alternate food selections when requested and providing a positive dining experience.
• Escorting residents to participate in therapy sessions and activities.
• Responding to resident and family needs respectfully and with a positive manner in all interactions.
• Making daily rounds on assigned residents in accordance within established guidelines.
• Accompanying residents with smoking privileges to designated smoking areas and supervising his or her smocking activity while there.
Completing assignments including but not limited to the following:
• Reporting data in resident records consistently, accurately and in a timely manner.
• Consistently and promptly reporting resident changes of condition per the InterAct process.
• Complying with procedures for infection prevention including, but not limited to, hand washing, TB and Hepatitis B requirements and bloodborne pathogen regulations.
• Following safety rules and requirements including lift and transfer procedures, hazard communication, electrical safety, slips, trips and falls policies, use of personal protective equipment and elopement procedures. (Examples: Must safely operate mechanical lifts, sit stand lift, gate belt, and meal and line carts, and adjust beds and use shower equipment and wheelchairs.
• Safely fulfilling all work assignments.
• Accepting assignments not part of his/her normal scheduled responsibility as needed.
• Safeguarding residents’’ protected health information.
• Providing other services such as cleaning wheelchairs and resident areas as assigned.
• Complying with al work rule policies and procedures as well as state and federal law.
• Contributing to a true team environment by cooperating and working well with co-workers.
• Completing education requirements on a timely basis.
• Complying with work rule policies and procedures as well as state and federal law.
• Successful completion of the State approved Nursing Assistant Certification course.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred; minimum three years certified nursing experience in long term care acceptable in lieu of education requirement.
• English as a first or second language with the ability to read and communicate at an adequate level to perform essential job duties.
• Lifting at least 35 pounds at any one time. When a situation requires lifting more than 35 pounds additional staff, a slide sheet, gait belt or a mechanical lift is required.
• Floor to waist lifts and above the waist lifts
Benefits at a Glance
• Direct Deposit
• Paid Holidays
• Sick Time
• Dental Insurance
• Basic Life Insurance
• Accident Insurance
• Storms of Life
• Post-Employment College Program
• Critical Care with Cancer Coverage
• Supplemental Spouse Life Insurance
• Vacation Days
• Medical Insurance
• CEU Reimbursement
• Short-Term Disability
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
• Employee Referral Program
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
• Dependent Life Insurance
• Supplemental Employee Life Insurance
• Whole Life Plan Insurance