Direct Support Professional
We are looking for compassionate and self-motivated individuals to provide care and support for our clients with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
We have HCS group homes in the San Antonio area where we house 3-4 individuals in each home, all varying levels of needs and ages. As a Direct Support Professional, you will assist our clients with cooking, cleaning, administering medications as well as teaching them life skills to help them become more independent. We believe in the dignity of every person, and in the freedom of all people to experience the highest degree of self-determination. This is a rewarding position that allows you to make a positive impact in other’s lives!
- Assists individuals, as necessary, with daily living skills and the development of independent community skills.
- Utilizes Person Centered Plans to assess consumer’s needs and interest in the community, and to develop goals and objectives.
- Assists in the development of a weekly schedule for each consumer to maximize their time spent in the community.
- Completes training with individuals towards achieving ISP goals.
- Administers medication(s) and completes appropriate documentation.
- Accompanies individuals to and from appointments and activities.
- Builds a support network between the individuals and community members.
- Accurately completes all in-house documentation; maintains current case notes and monthly reports of individual’s progress.
- Provides reports on consumer’s progress and how it relates to their overall goals.
- Community-based services (HCS) and Texas Home Living (TxHmL) Consumer Principles for Evidentiary Certification
- At least 18 years of age
- Valid TX Driver’s License
- Copy of High School Diploma, GED, or College Transcripts
- Social Security Card