Working as a team, we celebrate our differences while leveraging our collective skills to build better processes, driving excellence company wide.
Our commitment to sustaining this high level of performance among CIRCOR employees is unconditional. We do whatever is necessary to ensure that each individual has the opportunities and resources to achieve their potential.
Machinist Thread Grind Mill Position Summary: To set up and operate thread grinding and/or milling machines to rough, finish and semi-finish rotors, shafts, grooves, gears, worms, splines, and screw gears to size, index, form and finish as required.
- Operate two or more machines to rough and finish grind or mill rotor threads to form, size, index, and finish as required to produce proper contact.
- Operate up to four machines (shaft lathe, thread mill, NCG and a thread grinder) in a rotor cell, while meeting daily throughput demands.
- Check rotors for form using rotor master, form gages, and other measuring devices.
- Make adjustments when necessary to produce proper form.
- Use precision measuring instruments such as verniers, micrometers, dial electronic indicators, electronic measuring equipment, gash gages, etc. standard and special gages and templates in order to maintain dimensions, contour, close tolerances and surface finish as required
- Set up roughing and finishing, as well as semi-finishing machines; assemble lead, feed Q and R, ratio and cutter speed gears; assemble work drivers and tail stock center; position and locate steady rest jaws; assemble cutter, set helix angle to obtain proper thread form. Determine cutter and work rotation and rotation of dividing head for proper index; select cutter speeds and set stops. Make trial cuts to obtain correct thread size and form with respect to masters, E.S. (engineering specifications) and verbal instructions.
- Set dial indicator and/or other precision measuring equipment to obtain proper depth, land size, off center, n.w. size, lay back, form, root contour, lead, etc., on finished cuts.
- Operate a number of thread milling machines as required, roughing, finishing and semi-finishing, to mill threads, grooves, gears, worms, and splines in various materials. Work may vary in size but is similar in manner of operation.
- Utilize idle time during the running of the thread forming machines to perform miscellaneous job assignments.
- Recognize and immediately correct, without assistance, for machining difficulties and errors, or cause to have corrected if fault is due to machine tool, equipment or material
- Remove burrs and sharp edges, mark, identify, preserve and protect parts as directed.
- Make master rotors.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent – technical degree/certification preferred.
- Competitive Salary
- Shift Differential
- Recognition & Rewards
- Employee Referral
- 401K with Company Match
- Paid Holidays & Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities