Social Worker II
- Greensboro, NC
- $19.22 - $25.36 Hourly-$39,978 - $52,743 Annually
- Customer Service, Healthcare
- Contract Type
- Full time
ORANGE COUNTY GOVERNMENT
invites applications for the position of:
Social Worker II
The Orange County Department of Social Services is seeking to fill a Social Worker II position. This position provides information and assistance to older adults, people with disabilities, or their families regarding services and support systems available in the County. Performs assessments, care planning and care coordination for community dwelling adults according to need but regardless of income. Provides counseling and preventive services to ensure that older adults can remain living safely and independently in their homes if desired and possible. Works closely with caregivers and provides group and individual counseling. This position is housed at a Senior Center within Orange County.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00p m and requires flexibility to meet the needs of clients, families and work demands.
* This is a safety sensitive position and participation in the Drug and Alcohol Program is required. Background Check required.
Examples of Essential Functions: Following are examples of typical work activities and responsibilities.
- The incumbent may be responsible for performing other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned. A position may not include all the work examples given, nor does the list include all that may be assigned.
- Conduct interviews and gathering the information necessary to determine eligibility for requested services. Making home visits and conducting assessments for requested services, completing plans of care, providing service coordination and linkage, authorizing services, tracking and monitoring services, verifying claims, completing required reviews, completing and maintaining all required documentation.
- Make adult protective services referrals as appropriate.
- Provides services and assistance to clients who may qualify for services through General Assistance Funds, Federal Energy Programs including CIP and LIEAP; initiates applications for FNS and Medicaid.
- Provides Individual and Family Adjustment Services to clients who may need supportive counseling in the office and/or through home visits.
- Provides consultation/direction to clients and families of clients in need of appropriate group care placement.
- Assist with the Homeless Program Coordinated Entry Process.
- Provides back up for all program areas in adult services.
- Provides assistance in case of disaster, either natural or man- made, including providing coverage for shelter.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles and practices of social work.
- Knowledge of community resources for adults and families including children.
- Knowledge of relevant department, local state and federal laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of statutory requirements, state policies and social work guidelines.
- Knowledge of interviewing techniques, counseling and crisis intervention theories and methods.
- Knowledge of legal and judicial system principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of theories related to children, adults and families.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in social work or related field and one to two years of related experience.
- Master's Degree in social work is preferred.
- Requires strong assessment and communication skills as well as writing skills.
- Ability to work with multiple community agencies.
- Requires possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's license issued by the State of North Carolina.
- Bilingual applicants in English, Spanish, Karen, or Burmese are encouraged to apply.
Orange County provides a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Participation in the North Carolina State Retirement System
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Optional Life and Disability Coverage
- 401 (k) and 457 Deferred Compensation Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabilities