1st, 2nd, and 3rd Shifts Available
Residential Specialists serve RMYA in its residential treatment center, general residential operation, and emergency shelter.
The primary function of the Residential Specialist is to provide safety, security, and well-being to the children in our care in a way that supports their stability and growth as determined by their treatment plan.
The Residential Specialist adheres to policies, procedures, protocols, and rules pertaining to the dynamic engagement of each child.
The Residential Specialist coordinates with the Residential Specialist Supervisor, Program Manager, clinical and support services staff as well as educators and other interested parties to provide the effective delivery of all necessary services and advises same with timely information concerning behaviors, activities, and interactions that may affect a child in a given setting.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Some college and/or degree preferred.
- Direct-care experience with emotionally or behaviorally challenged children and youth in a residential, shelter, or community-based setting is required.
- Ability to understand the Department of Family Services (DFPS) licensing and operating requirements.
- Ability to adhere to the best practices supported by RMYA in its care of children, youth, and families; and the willingness to learn, and implement the execution of these practices.
- Basic understanding of child behavior and development principles.
- Ability to communicate clearly and calmly with staff and children in care, both orally and in writing.
- Time management and organizational skills.