Marriott Plaza San Antonio Guest Service Manager
Come see why we are the choice hotel for employees. We offer competitive wages and awesome benefits…see if you qualify! We are an elite hotel located downtown, close enough to walk to the Riverwalk, but far enough to have a resort feel away from traffic and noise
Who this job will appeal to:
The extreme customer service individual who was born to provide Brilliant Service to our guests! If you are energetic, organized and passionate about achieving great service scores for our hotel, then this is the job for you.
We are a full service hotel with 251 rooms and over 20,000+ square feet of meeting space. We have beautiful lawns with lots of trees and two peacocks who roam the property. We have historic homes renovated as meeting rooms and have a resort feel.
The Guest Service Manager will act as the evening manager on duty ensuring the Brilliant operation of services provided to each and every guest. The GSM will provide support and assistance where required to ensure that guests needs are met and will focus on advance the “Art of Hosting” service culture.
- Be present on the main level floor to provide support and assistance to the Front Desk, Guest Services, Concierge Lounge; as required in the Outlets, Room Service and any other department.
- Conduct callbacks to guests regarding their stay and own the problem resolution process.
- Deliver Brilliant service to exceed guest expectations to create loyalty towards Marriott Plaza.
- Manage the daily arrival/departure process by reviewing hotel occupancy, VIP’s and Marriott Elite members. Be available to greet these guests.
- Conduct frequent tours of the main level floor and pay attention to cleanliness, furniture placement and maintenance issues. During the tour he/she should note any/all things needing correction and have the appropriate department remedy the problems or mark it in the MOD report to be followed-up upon the next day.
- Take ownership of guest’s and Hosts needs, requests and/or problems to ensure that they are met within an acceptable timeframe.
- Review Empower system daily and follow-up on all customer related issues to ensure that guest’s issues are resolved through the Marriott L.E.A.R.N. process.
- Foster a culture where all Hosts are empowered to provide our guests the immediate service requested in order to exceed their expectations.
- Marketing minded: Actively seek feedback from guests and Hosts, following up and taking action to improve Guest Voice/GSS and AOS results.
- Monitor and respond, in a timely manner, to past, current and future guest requests on the hotel’s social media channels outside of the Social Media Champion’s work hours.
- Be a strong and effective communicator with all departments, highlighting the importance of guest satisfaction and to ensure the proper level of service to guests.
- Promote a safe and healthy working environment by being a ‘safety-minded leader’ who leads by example in reporting any safety issues and by maintaining and reporting deficiencies throughout the hotel.
- Assist with ensure that the Rooms and Food & Beverage standards of service are upheld at all times to meet and exceed the brand standards.
- Conduct a pre-shift meeting with Hosts to review the Brilliant Hosting and contribute to an exceptional guest experience with every action taken.
- Engage (highly visible) and work with Hosts on required tasks to genuinely welcome every guest to the hotel.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the products, services and amenities provided by the hotel to guests.
- Support the development, interpretation and implementation of hotel policies, operating procedures and training programs, manuals, menus, work schedules, rules and regulations for the Hosts.
- Know all emergency procedures and general crisis situation management, ensuring guest and Host safety is followed by all Hosts.
- Diploma or Certificate in Hotel Management preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Guest Service Agent.
- Excellent knowledge of Front Office and Outlet operations.
- Excellent knowledge of Front Office software (PMS) and MICRO’s (F&B - POS) A BIG PLUS!