The Army Residence Community is currently accepting applications for an Independent Living Social Worker: Position reports to the Director of Resident Services.
PURPOSE OF JOB: Operating under all pertinent policies and regulations, the Independent Living (IL) Social Worker promotes Residents’ full-spectrum well-being and autonomy by facilitating access to services, connecting Residents with resources, and providing information to promote quality of life. The IL Social Worker delivers unbiased, holistic, respectful support to empower Residents facing transitions along the continuum of the aging process and Community levels of care.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Master’s degree in social work from an accredited school of social work.
- Licensed as a LMSW by the Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners.
- Must have assessment and social work methodology skills.
- Two years of experience dealing with elders in a social work or community setting preferred.
- Experience working with military personnel and families preferred.
- Excellent diplomacy, customer service, and interpersonal relations, as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience handling sensitive and confidential issues to include HIPPA compliance.
- Sensitivity and fortitude to work with emotionally, cognitively, and physically challenged elderly population. Prepared to encounter disease, distress, and even hostility.
- Must possess personal integrity, flexibility, and decisiveness. Displays and maintains a high degree of professionalism in appearance and demeanor.
- Strong, detail-oriented skills in office administration, multi-tasking, organization, and self-management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Possess a Texas Driver’s License.
The Army Residence Community is not a Government or Civil Service Facility.
- Competitive salary and benefit package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flex Spending Account (FSA),
- Supplemental Insurance [i.e. accidental, cancer, short term, disability, hospital protection, critical care and recovery],
- Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Leave, Holidays
- Complimentary Lunch
- Fitness Facility
Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check.