SGL Constructors (Skanska , Granite and Lane Joint Venture) is the Prime Contractor on the I-4 Ultimate Project in Orlando, FL. The total construction costs for the project are $2.3 Billion.
SGL Employee Benefits:
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays*
*This benefit applies to foreman/foreperson only
Primary Purpose: Form Carpenter, Rough (Bridge/Highway Construction) builds wooden concrete forms, and sets metal form systems associated with Civil/Highway Construction, according to drawings for bridge/highway structures.
- Proper use of power tools is a must.
- Measures boards, timbers, or plywood, using square, measuring tape, and ruler, and marks cutting lines on materials, using pencil and scriber.
- Builds formwork(wooden or form systems) for footings columns , caps , bridge deck, and other structures as requested for pouring concrete in horizontal or vertical construction.
- Building MSE ( Mechanically Stabilized Earth) Walls
- Bridge Demolition
- This position requires working in the yard doing, which could require tasks outside the job for a typical carpenter position, like pour small amounts of concrete and finishing, Loader or forklift work unloading & loading trucks.
Workers should be able to:
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy
- Experience using metal form systems ( Examples: Symons, Doka, Efco) for footings, columns and caps.
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems; plan work and select proper tools
- Picture solid objects from drawings or diagrams; compare and see differences in the size, shape, and form of lines, figures, and objects
- Perform a variety of duties which may change often; and rate information using standards that can be measured or checked.
- Install Bridge Deck Formwork
- Experience in building MSE ( Mechanically Stabilized Earth) Walls Preferred
- Experience with bridge demolition Preferred
- Experience placing or finishing concrete preferred
Physically, workers must be able to:
- Climb and maintain balance on scaffolds and ladders
- Work properly using fall protection
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 100 pounds
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl, and see well (either naturally or with correction).
- Completion of apprenticeship program required
- Work in outdoor conditions (dust, heat, or inclement weather)
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
All interested parties must come to a designated SGL site in Orlando, FL (409 West Robinson Street Orlando, FL 32801) to complete an application.
SGL Constructors is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.