Maintenance Technician II
- Edwardsville, IL
- Maintenance and Repair, Manufacturing and Industrial, Skilled Trades
- Contract Type
- Full time
The Maintenance Technician - II is responsible for installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing equipment. They will also perform mechanical and electrical work under the general supervision of a Maintenance Technician III. In addition, employees in this classification will support and guide employees classified as Maintenance Technician I. Maintenance Technician II’s will have working knowledge and ability to perform all tasks as specified within the Maintenance Technician I description in addition to those specified within this description.
An employee in this designation must have developed basic skills in both the mechanical and electrical trade and possess approximately two years of experience in either. The level of tasks assigned will be based on an expected proficiency for persons holding this position. An employee in this classification will potentially remain at this level for a minimum of 2 years and until he/she can demonstrate competencies in both the electrical and mechanical areas by demonstrating those practical abilities listed on the Competency Checklist – Maintenance Technician III and by completing either the electrical or the mechanical training plan in the TDC. (If assigned to Assembly and was hired in as a Maintenance Technician II – a person in this classification will need to complete the Packaging Courses.)
Employees in this classification will be assigned duties relative to their exercised abilities with increased levels of responsibility and complexity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Understanding and demonstrating the behavior that the safety of yourself and other coworkers is paramount and is the #1 priority here at WestRock.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown.
- Inspect mechanical and electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Disassemble machinery to remove parts and make repairs, reassemble machinery.
- Repair as needed mechanical or electrical systems to include repairing or replacing malfunctioning components.
- Repair as needed industrial material handling equipment to include battery operated as well as IC units up to but not including the most complex.
- Repair as needed basic electrical breakdowns.
- Calibrate or adjust electronic equipment or instruments to specifications.
- Welding of structural steel assemblies and machine components.
- Fabrication of brackets, guards, devices, assemblies, and general construction.
- Repairs requiring basic Lathe and/or Mill work ability.
- Assist Maintenance Technician – I with completing preventative maintenance (PM) tasks as prescribed.
- Install or replace meters, regulators or related measuring control devices.
- Install equipment or attachments as needed on machinery or related structures.
- Understand mechanical drawings with the ability to determine the correct parts needed for repair.
- Understand and use computer software for documenting all daily activity including submitting accurate parts requests.
- Direct and assist with training employees in the Industrial Technician – I role to install, maintain, or repair equipment including print reading and electronic documentation.
- Respond to mechanical or basic electrical emergencies during non-standard business hours.
- Responsible for the overall Safety and cleanliness of equipment and area
- Work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Overtime is required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Employees in the position might be asked to mentor persons in Industrial Technician – I roles. However, this position does not have any supervisor responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Excellent Pay With Full Comprehensive Benefits Package!!