- Atlas Roofing Corporation
- Contract Type
- Full time
There's something special about Atlas Roofing Corporation. There's a sense of pride that comes from manufacturing products and solutions that are used to construct everything from commercial buildings to residential homes, from recreational vehicles to roadways. Atlas isn't just a manufacturer. Our products enable people to work, live, travel, and enjoy life safely and comfortably. Our impact is tremendous! Come make an impact with us!
Atlas Roofing Corporation, a privately owned company established in 1982, is an innovative, customer-oriented leading provider of high-performance roofing and construction materials that help build better environments to live and work. We are proud to have grown from a single roofing shingle manufacturing facility into an industry leader with 33 state-of-the-art facilities in North America and worldwide product distribution.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for developing and executing long-term marketing strategies across multiple building material manufacturing divisions. Successful candidates will understand how to guide branding, content, promotional, and digital strategies to create a cohesive message for the company at large, while catering to the unique needs of divisional stakeholders, internal department heads, sales personnel, and external B2B customers.
Atlas relies on differentiated and out-of-the-box marketing strategies to live up to its' vision of being a "leading provider of high-performance roofing & construction materials" in a market that can be high commoditized. Atlas excels with a "step-up" culture that encourages new ways of approaching industry challenges.
Ideal candidates will understand the unique challenges of approaching B2B sales with a goal to separate the organization from commodity competitors. Additionally, great candidates will have experience empowering marketing team members by leveraging their strengths and helping them improve their weaknesses. Finally, qualified candidates will be prepared to embrace established vendor and agency relationships, while constantly evaluating additional outside resources that will help Atlas reach its full potential.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes travel requirements)
- Develop and execute annual and rolling 3-Year marketing plans designed to achieve Atlas' corporate and divisional goals and initiatives
- Coordinate communication efforts across divisions for marketing news
- Coordinate creation of various client-facing marketing tools including but not limited to brochures, factsheets, guides, sales materials, promotional items, collateral, samples, POP, and apparel.
- Manage assigned annual department budget, utilizing multiple agencies.
- Maintain and communicate trademark, brand strategy, and brand usage guidelines across divisions and departments to ensure cohesive use of Atlas intellectual property and brand assets.
- Develop and execute strategy for ongoing B2B events for contractor engagement. Such events include large market introduction "Road Show" events, new customer events, webinars, AIA events, and 3rd party sponsored events. Ensure theme, content, budget, and staffing needs are met.
- Develop and update presentations for sales representatives and contractors
- Interact with Department Heads, Regional Managers, Directors, and Vice-Presidents as well as Account Executives and Sales Personnel to coordinate and prioritize marketing ideas and needs.
- Execute monthly reporting and administrative duties as assigned by the Vice President of Sales & Marketing.
- Coordinate, develop and execute Atlas content strategy, including but not limited to email marketing campaigns, co-op advertising, social media, new product launches, website, public relations, and advertisement
- Spearhead the development and management of social media publications and ongoing content for distribution through LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and other relevant social media outlets.
- Manage video content and photography for content development, product promotion, and advertising
- Manage vendor relationships with content marketing firms, industry publications ad reps, and editors to provide visibility for Atlas content.
- Work in collaboration with internal stakeholders and outside vendors to manage and implement current and future digital technology projects. Such projects include customer loyalty and engagement portals, internal CRM, mobile apps, digital sales tools, and 3rd party vendor API integrations.
- Manage and update the Atlas website & software application content
- Coordinate online marketing strategy, including but not limited to interactive search engine marketing, search engine optimization and social networking
- 30-40% travel during peak periods with some seasonal differences
- Travel includes regional sales training, customer events, trade shows, training, plant visitation, relevant conferences, and media events.
- Required to drive, take commercial flights, and stay overnight in hotels for various customer and industry events
- Director of Marketing will spend approximately 65% of time working with Shingles & Underlayments Division and 35% with Corporate marketing initiatives that span other Atlas divisions (RWI, EPS, WEB, ACH).
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES (include computer, language, mathematical, and analytical skills required)
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills (with emphasis on analyzing critical data for marketing results)
- Must have experience managing people with the ability to foster a team dynamic with clearly defined roles. Should have experience managing team members unique needs, individual goals, improvement plans, and conflict resolution.
- Must have a strong command of language. Should be resourceful, able to find information, synthesize it, and explain it. An ability to organize language and think critically and a desire to communicate to others.
- Ability to prepare and present information to and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
- Ability to work independently and with internal and external teams and groups to accomplish a common vision and broader mission.
- Experience managing content management systems for web and digital tool management strongly preferred.
- Experience working in Gmail and Google Drive with Google Sheets and Docs.
- Experience on Mac computers strongly preferred, with particular emphasis on Keynote. Experience with basic video editing skills a plus.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop a plus. Additional experience with Qlikview, PeopleSoft, and KissFlow also a plus.
- Ability to take initiative on projects and establishes goals and priorities with little to no direction.
- Ability to commits to the highest standards of moral and legal conduct.
This position will directly supervise marketing services, content marketing, digital marketing, and marketing communications team members across multiple divisions. Director of Marketing is expected to lead and develop the marketing department staff, in addition to making recommendations for shifting resources. Also responsible for managing personal and department direct report T&E expenses within assigned annual budget.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE (include certificates, licenses, or registrations required)
- A four-year degree from an accredited university is required. MBA or relevant post-undergraduate work a plus.
- Eight to Ten years' experience in marketing / marketing communications.
- Two to Four years in a management supervisory role preferred.
- Expertise in the creation of web- and print-based copy with strong promotional writing skills and a thorough understanding of the differences of both print and electronic media is strongly preferred.
Upon arriving at Atlas we expect this new marketing leader to take inventory, analyze their "direct report" capabilities, skill-set and current activities, as well as review divisional strategies to set the marketing priorities in alignment with the key leaders of the business. Director of Marketing will develop the strategies, organizing activities and priorities within the team, and drive alignment across all businesses.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.