- The Walton Company
- Manufacturing and Industrial
- Contract Type
- Full time
OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
The Walton Company
The Walton Company, a manufacturer's representative firm since 1986, is looking to add a representative to our sales team in the Georgia/Alabama area. Our focus is on the sales and development of engineered components, including castings, stampings, fasteners, injection molded, and related components. Visit our website, , to learn more about our firm. As our Outside Sales Representative, you will call on purchasing personnel and engineers at OEM's in the territory. You will be expected to pursue leads and build long-term quality relationships with new prospective customers as well as existing clients while reporting directly to the President.
We provide technical support as part of our ongoing on the job training process.
- Identify leads, manage prospects and acquire new business
- Service existing clients
- Effectively demonstrate product lines
JOB REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
- Either 5 years outside sales or engineering experience (preferably in the manufacturing industry, but not critical) OR an engineering/manufacturing related degree.
- Technical skills, while beneficial, are not essential. What IS essential is the ability and willingness to attain technical skills to sell effectively.
- Ability to engage in high-level prospecting
- Courage to pursue new opportunities via cold calling.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly build rapport and long lasting relationships
- Travel is required (20% or more of the time)
Competive salary plus generous commission plan. Actively adding new accounts can produce incomes well over six figures.