Join the Pack! NC State Dining offers meaningful opportunities for employment across our retail and hospitality units. We offer competitive pay, flexible schedules, and opportunity for learning, growth, and promotion. Dedicated and experienced professional staff are available to provide on-the-job training and support to help you meet your full culinary potential.
We are seeking individuals to Join our Pack as a Dishwasher/Stock Clerk. Shifts are available from early morning to late nights including weekends. Please list your availability in the appropriate section of the application. Full- and part-time positions are available.
Essential Job Duties:
- Wash dishes, glassware & serving utensils, bowls, pots & pans, using conveyor belt machine or by hand, ensuring they are cleaned and sanitized;
- Maintain the flow of dish room by having a steady supply of clean dishes, utensils, and glassware ready for use.
- Assist as needed in the beverage and dining area with restocking and cleaning, maintain and restock all public restrooms in the facility and remove all trash, and sweep and mop at the end of the shift.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure NC State Dining business needs are met. Position may be asked to assist in other locations as necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work will also be considered.
- Previous food service experience
- Previous experience in customer service
- Flexible work schedule
- Convenient on-campus locations
- Leadership and promotional opportunities
- Dining and catering employees can earn free meals
- Free professional development seminars
- Checking/Savings Account at SECU
NC State Dining provides campus-wide food service to students, staff, and faculty and the corporate partners on Centennial Campus. NC State Dining is a department within the Campus Enterprises Division, which is NC State’s Division for Retail and Hospitality Services. Each unit shares a common goal: deliver quality and efficient services with dedicated financial support for student activity and scholarships.
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.