Certified Surgical Technologist - Providence Health Center -
- Customer Service
- Contract Type
- Full time
We Are Hiring
Certified Surgical Technologist
Full-Time, Rotating Shift - (3x12)
Providence Health Ctr. - Waco,TX
PROVIDENCE HEALTH CENTER is a Voluntary non-profit - Private, Medicare Certified Acute Care Hospital with 278 beds, located in WACO, TX
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Providence, based in Waco, Texas, is committed to providing person-centered care through coordination of providers. It is a complete healthcare network offering the best level of care in virtually every medical discipline, consistently earning high marks and certification by regulatory and certifying agencies such as The Joint Commission. With a team of over 2,300 associates, physicians and volunteers, Ascension Providence is now one of the largest employers in Waco.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Providence Healthcare Netwk-TX, you will have the opportunity to facilitate the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures.
- Prepares surgical operating suite with sterile drapes and sterile solutions as well as appropriate sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
- Hands required/requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
- Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
- Maintains instruments in an organized manner and monitors/tracks instruments counts throughout procedures.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) obtained within 6 months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Providence Healthcare Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M/F/D/V).
A mission of compassion.
A vision of excellence.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.